Suffolk County Council create huge England flag at Endeavour House ahead of World Cup semi-final
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk County Council got in with the spirit of today’s game by making a small addition to their offices in Ipswich.
Endeavour House got a minor makeover today when an England flag was created along the back windows of the county council offices.
The council’s announcement of its support for Gareth Southgate’s squad was posted on Twitter with an accompanying video showing council staff enjoying themselves playing table football, wearing waistcoats and planning the big design.
Leader Matthew Hicks said: “Sometimes words just aren’t enough to express how you feel about something. So we decided to turn Endeavour House into a giant St George’s Cross.”
He added: “It’s coming home!”
You may also want to watch:
The 90 by 20 metre design was created through the use of large sheets of red paper and the careful closing of a number of blinds in the county council offices.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 6 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 7 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 8 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 9 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside