Suffolk: Crews tackle a series of blazes
DURING A busy night for firefighters, crews were also called to a blaze involving a cooker.
Crews were called to Viking Heights, off School Lane in Martlesham Heath, for a small fire.
After arriving at the scene at 4.30pm yesterday, the fire had already been put out, but they inspected the area and ventilated the first floor of the building.
The incident was deemed as under control by 4.50pm.
Meanwhile, crews were later called to The Timperleys in Hintlesham after a summer house was reported on fire at 8.50pm.
You may also want to watch:
The 5m square building was fully involved in fire, however crews tackled it within 20minutes.
They remained at the scene for 30minutes to dampen down.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 6 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 7 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 8 5 cheap or free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 10 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
Crews then praised residents in Lowestoft who reported that a roof had caught alight in Spashett Road, Lowestoft.
On arrival they found that it was a false alarm and that a Chinese lantern had landed on the roof, but praised residents for there good intent.