Suffolk: Curious County marketing campaign that was branded ‘idiotic’ launches today
- Credit: Archant
A CAMPAIGN aimed at promoting Suffolk by branding it “The Curious County” will be officially launched today.
When the initiative was announced last year there were questions raised about the marketing exercise - with one Suffolk MP calling the slogan “idiotic and meaningless”.
But as the dust settled the quirky monicker was deemed appropriate and now the campaign, led by Visit Suffolk, will be formally unveiled today.
Visit Suffolk says the meaning of “The Curious County” is two-fold - it reflects the “natural urge to be curious about Suffolk” while suggesting there is something intriguing and different about what it has to offer.
Amanda Bond, brand manager for Visit Suffolk, said: “Suffolk is intrinsically curious because it presents visitors with a unique journey, bespoke to their needs and interests.
“Our offering is so vast that we can cater for all; the discovery of this and the wonderful array of attractions, restaurants, accommodation providers, cafes, delis, shops, heritage sites and landscapes makes a visit so unique.”
Sponsors of the campaign include a prestigious list of Suffolk businesses big and small, including Adnams, Gough Hotels, National Trust, Suffolk Secrets, TA Hotel Collection, Africa Alive, Bruisyard Hall, RSPB Minsmere, Landguard, Aldeburgh Music, Elveden, DanceEast, the National Horseracing Museum, Latitude Festival and the Ickworth Hotel.
- 1 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 2 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 3 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 4 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 5 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 6 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 7 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 8 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 9 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 10 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
“The Curious County” campaign is being led through a digital marketing campaign via the www.thecuriouscounty.com microsite.
There will also be a high-profile presence on social media through Facebook and Twitter and all activity will go live after the launch today.
The campaign is divided into seven themes; history and heritage, arts and culture, outdoors, family, coast, indulge and food and drink.
Ms Bond added: “With so much to offer, it’s been fantastic to compile a compendium of curious experiences. Where possible we’ve tried to reflect the entire length and breadth of the county from the dragon lore of Bures to the Victorian seaside gardens of Lowestoft.”