Suffolk: Dancers feeling flushed for Comic Relief
- Credit: Contributed
A DANCE group will be supporting the Comic Relief fundraising marathon this year with a week of red-themed sessions.
Janet Drake, who runs FunDancing classes across the county, said: “During the week leading up to Red Nose Day, the dress code will be on the theme of red and Comic Relief - so Red noses, tee-shirts and deeley boppers are at the ready.
“We will raise money by putting loose change in the collection tin, for each new class member I will add a £1 to the pot and every class member will have a chance to enter the Comic Relief sweep stake.”
She added: “Our main focus is to raise money for local charities but we do like to take part in the national Red Nose Day events and Children in Need ones too.
“We raised over £4,600 in 2012 through our various charity classes and events.”
FunDancing clases take place in East Bergholt, Brantham, Great Waldingfield, Nayland, Hadleigh, Capel St Mary and Stratford St Mary.
For more details about classes please go to www.fundancing.co.uk/classes/
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins to for Town
- 4 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 5 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 6 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 7 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 8 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
What do you have planned for Comic Relief? Email firstname.lastname@example.org