Suffolk: Driver dies in A1095 smash
DRIVERS faced delays this evening as the A1095 at Halesworth closed after a woman was killed in a crash between a lorry and a car.
The road was shut following the smash around 1pm today.
Drivers were forced to find alternative routes around the crash scene, which was closed for Suffolk police to carry out investigations into the incident.
The female driver of a purple Vauxhall Agila, a 58-year-old local woman who has not yet been named, died following the smash on the A1095 between Blythburgh and Southwold.
Fire crews were called to release the woman who was trapped in the car but she was later declared dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the lorry, a blue curtain-sided Mercedes, was said to be in shock but uninjured.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk police on 01473 613500.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 5 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 9 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve
- 10 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around