Hunt for the Best Lockdown Garden begins
- Credit: Archant
With more people in Suffolk and north Essex turning to the great outdoors during lockdown, our gardens have never looked better.
For those lucky enough to have their own green space at home, neglected lawns, boring borders and unloved vegetable patches have all sprung into life.
Generations have bonded over a shared interest in gardening over recent weeks as they have found themselves with more time on their hands.
Gardening has helped people with their mental and physical health during this uncertain period, giving them a reason to get outside and enjoy the fresh air while their labour of love is keeping them physically fit.
To celebrate all the green fingers in our region, we are launching a competition to find the Best Lockdown Garden.
We want you to send in your pictures and you could see your garden appear in the East Anglian Daily Times and Ipswich Star.
Gardens will be split into two categories: Under 150 square meters and Over 150 square meters.
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 9 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
And three lucky winners, chosen by Enjoy Gardening More’s Head Gardener, Peter McDermott, will walk away with hundreds of pounds of gardening vouchers.
Entries are now open and gardens will appears in the newspaper from June 1 to June 20.
What are the prizes?
• £200 to spend with enjoygardeningmore.co.uk (garden over 150 square metres)
• £100 to spend with enjoygardeningmore.co.uk (garden over 150 square metres)
• £50 to spend with enjoygardeningmore.co.uk (garden under 150 square metres)
How do I enter?
Simply send your photographs via email along with your name, postcode, daytime telephone number and size of garden.
If you wish to tell us more about your garden please include details on your email.
Closing date for submission of pictures is June 15, 2020.
Enjoy Gardening More Head Gardener, Peter McDermott, will judge all published pictures and the winners will be announced week commencing July 6, 2020.
Normal Archant competition rules apply.
Archant Community Media Ltd will solely use the data you provide for the purpose of running the competition, including contacting winners and the distribution of any prize.