Five Christmas jobs available across Suffolk and Essex right now
- Credit: Archant
If you are looking for work over Christmas and New Year, there are jobs in our region waiting for your CV.
Clinton's - Seasonal staff, multiple locations
The national card chain is looking for more hands on deck in shops in Colchester, Ipswich, Felixstowe and Stowmarket right now.
Their job advert says you will be on the shop floor and need to enjoy interacting with customers and need to have a passion for their products.
Any previous experience in customer service, retail, working towards targets and in a team are also a plus.
This seasonal position is a zero-hours contract for the festive period, paying up to £8.21 per hour - but you'll also get a 40% staff discount.
You may also want to watch:
Card Factory - Seasonal Sales Assistants, multiple locations
A similar job opening in Card Factory but in even more locations - vacancies in Ipswich, Stowmarket, Sudbury, Diss, Thetford, Bury St Edmunds, Woodbridge, Martlesham, Harwich and Colchester are still available.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 5 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 6 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 7 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
Shops in Ipswich and Sudbury also have full-time Sales Assistants vacancies.
You will need to provide excellent customer service at all times, process sales politely, price stock and work with your team over the Christmas period.
Different stores have been looking for staff for different lengths of time, so get your applications in early to stand the best chance. The jobs are advertised at the National Minimum Wage and, if you are old enough to receive it, the National Living Wage.
Jack Wills - Seasonal Sales Assistant, Ipswich
Jack Wills is a staple of the high street after opening 20 years ago in Salcombe, Devon and the store in Tavern Street has space for staff over the Christmas season.
Boxing Day and New Years sales will mean a lot of work in the retail sector.
The job advert says you will be replenishing stock, processing transactions and looking after fitting rooms among other duties.
The job is marked as part-time and temporary and you can apply online on the Jack Wills website today.
Bobbi Brown in Debenhams - Christmas Retail Artist, Bury St Edmunds
Bobbi Brown cosmetics are one of many counters on the beauty floor of Debenhams.
They want to find someone to work Christmas shifts, with strong communication skills and a passion for the beauty industry.
You should also be able to show cutomers the best ways to use their products.
There is also a full-time vacancy in the Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds Debenhams if you are looking for long-term work. The job is listed as part-time and temporary.
The Yew Tree Pub - Apprentice Chef, near Colchester
An opportunity for those willing to work evenings and weekends in the kitchen of a country pub close to Colchester, in the village of Great Horkesley.
One of the pubs in the Chef and Brewer chain of Greene King pubs, the Yew Tree has a job for 30 hours a week preparing meals and cleaning kitchens.