Another ‘lovely, warm’ day for Suffolk and Essex - with fresher conditions to come
Suffolk and Essex are forecast yet another day of warm temperatures and glorious sunshine – though there is also a chance of some long-awaited rain for eastern parts.
The Met Office’s forecast is for a “lovely warm start to the day” with temperatures continuing to build as the day goes on.
It comes after an unusually long period of warm, dry weather, which has seen temperatures in Suffolk and Essex regularly reach the high 20s and occasionally push 30C.
Yesterday, was the region’s joint warmest day of the year so far, with temperatures in Santon Downham, north Suffolk, reaching 30.8C.
Parts of the region are expected to see temperatures of 30-32C again today.
You may also want to watch:
Alongside the warm weather, forecasters are also predicting one or two showers across East Anglia.
Norwich-based Weatherquest said there would be a “warm and humid afternoon with the chance of an isolate shower, mainly over Norfolk and eastern Suffolk.”
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 6 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 7 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 8 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 10 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
Tomorrow could bring some respite from the heat, however, with forecasters predicting “cooler, fresher” conditions.