Another ‘lovely, warm’ day for Suffolk and Essex - with fresher conditions to come
Suffolk and Essex are forecast yet another day of warm temperatures and glorious sunshine – though there is also a chance of some long-awaited rain for eastern parts.
The Met Office’s forecast is for a “lovely warm start to the day” with temperatures continuing to build as the day goes on.
It comes after an unusually long period of warm, dry weather, which has seen temperatures in Suffolk and Essex regularly reach the high 20s and occasionally push 30C.
Yesterday, was the region’s joint warmest day of the year so far, with temperatures in Santon Downham, north Suffolk, reaching 30.8C.
Parts of the region are expected to see temperatures of 30-32C again today.
Alongside the warm weather, forecasters are also predicting one or two showers across East Anglia.
Norwich-based Weatherquest said there would be a “warm and humid afternoon with the chance of an isolate shower, mainly over Norfolk and eastern Suffolk.”
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 3 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 6 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 7 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 8 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 9 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 10 Kenlock departs as defender joins familiar faces in League Two
Tomorrow could bring some respite from the heat, however, with forecasters predicting “cooler, fresher” conditions.