Chance of thunderstorms and highs of 25C in Suffolk this week
- Credit: citizenside.com
A tumultuous week of weather lies ahead for Suffolk, with sunny spells and showers on the horizon.
After a bright and sunny weekend across Suffolk and north Essex, more rain and overcast skies are expected this week.
Meteorologist Zoe Thomson, of East Anglian forecaster Weatherquest, said that while Tuesday may have highs of 25C in some parts of the region, we could also expect rainfall which will carry on throughout the week.
“Early on Tuesday we expect any low cloud or mist forming overnight to clear,” she said.
“There’s a risk of showers in the west of the region, more so on Tuesday afternoon, but also a chance of the highest temperatures of the day in that area.
You may also want to watch:
“You could also hear the odd rumble of thunder here and there, but there will be clear skies in between any rain.
“Wednesday is a similar picture to Tuesday, with low cloud evaporating and possible heavy showers throughout the day across Suffolk, with a top temperature around 24C.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
“There’s more unsettled weather and occasional showers on Thursday, with slightly cooler highs of 21C, and while there is some uncertainty over Friday’s forecast we should see longer spells of sunshine and rainfall through the day and slightly warmer temperatures heading into the weekend.”