Firefighters warn ‘never leave a barbecue unattended’ after weather leads to ‘extreme alert’
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Firefighters have reminded people to never leave a barbecue unattended after a blaze broke out in Suffolk woodland.
Saxmundham fire station publicised the message over its Facebook page following a call-out on Saturday morning.
Crews arrived at Tunstall forest to find around five metres of undergrowth alight caused by an unattended barbecue.
“Remember, never leave a barbecue unattended, especially in the forest during this warm weather,” its message said,
“The forest is on extreme alert due to the weather.
“Remember please take your litter home leaving cans and bottles behind is unacceptable.”
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 5 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 6 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 7 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 8 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
- 9 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 10 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow