Driver rescued after delivery van got stuck on a flooded bridge
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services were called to help pull out a van that had become trapped on a flooded bridge with the driver still inside.
Crews were called shortly after 6.30pm to Waterhall Road in Wixoe.
A delivery van is understood to have become stuck on bridge that had been flooded.
Four fire crews were called to the scene and a stop was called on the incident at 7.50pm.
Police were also on the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Haverhill Police confirmed on Twitter that the driver had been rescued safely.
- 1 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 2 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 3 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 9 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 10 Burgers, Wings and Ribs comes to Stowmarket