Suffolk: Gales cause major travel trouble
SUFFOLK: Drivers have encountered hazards across the county today due to wet and windy weather.
A fallen telegraph pole blocked a road in Little Waldingfield, near Sudbury.
The Street was blocked in both directions at the Church Road junction.
Strong winds have caused problems all morning for traffic moving towards Felixstowe Docks, where traffic restrictions were put in place because of adverse conditions.
Fallen trees also led to delays in Church Road, Otley, Low Road, Rendham and Flixton Road, Blundeston.
You may also want to watch:
And flooding caused problems for motorists in Snape Road, Sternfield, which was blocked both ways near the Sternfield junction.
Meanwhile, DFDS Seaways has cancelled today’s ferry from Esbjerg to Harwich and tomorrow’s ferry from Harwich to Esbjerg due to expected storms.
- 1 Matt Hancock faces calls to resign after allegation of affair with aide
- 2 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 3 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 4 Town considering move for Birmingham striker Cosgrove
- 5 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 8 Rare disease linked to cat food kills Ipswich kitten
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed
- 10 Ipswich insurance broker snapped up by London firm
The next scheduled sailings are Esbjerg to Harwich on November 13 on Saturday at 6.45pm and Harwich to Esbjerg on Sunday at 5.15pm.
Strong early winds are expected to persist this afternoon but heavy rain should make way for blustery showers and temperatures no higher than 13C.
This evening will be largely dry with some clear spells and more high winds.
Tomorrow will be a bright and breezy day with sunny spells, but becoming cloudy later. Mostly cloudy but generally staying dry with some sunnier spells possible later.
For a detailed outlook speak to a Weatherquest forecaster on 09065 77 76 75. Calls cost �1.50 per minute.