Suffolk was over 31C today... but was it the hottest in the UK?
Suffolk was sweltering once again at parts of the county reached temperatures over 31C.
Weather stations in Wattisham recorded 29.4C, Cavendish reached 30.1C and Brooms Barn, just west of Bury St Edmunds, saw an incredible 31.2C - but it was even hotter in Central London.
The highest temperature of the day was at Kew Gardens, where thermometers rose to 31.9C.
This heat is expected to ease off over the course of the week before a weekend of widespread and much-needed rain.
Weatherquest meteorologists expect another two hot days this week, with be plenty of sunshine around and little cloud.
You may also want to watch:
Tuesday could see afternoon temperatures of 30-31C (86-78.8F) in inland areas with 23-25C (73.4-77F) on the coast.
The return of potential thunderstorms on Tuesday evening into Wednesday morning could lead to fresher conditions in some areas of the county.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 7 Crash between two motorbikes
- 8 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
Cooler conditions are expected to remain until the middle of next week when another high pressure front returns.