WARNING: Further electric storms expected overnight
- Credit: GEMMA REDDINGTON
The skies over Suffolk will again light up tonight as another lightning storm is predicted to hit.
The storms, which will bring flashes of lightning and clashes of thunder as well as heavy downpours, are due to last into Saturday morning, according to East Anglian forecasters Weatherquest.
The storms will bring light relief after another day of stifling heat, and should bring cooler conditions.
Forecaster Adam Dury said the weekend and the start of next week will not be as hot as it has been for the last two days.
He said Saturday would still be quite humid with rain showers on and off during the day. Temperatures will be in the low 20s.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday there will be fewer showers and the air will feel fresher.
Mr Dury said this will set the tone for the start of next week - although things could warm up again towards next weekend.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
He said: "As the week goes on temperatures could start to go up again, but we're looking at them going up to the mid-20s which is a few degrees higher than average at this time of the year, but nothing like we've seen over the last few days. We aren't looking at the high 30s again next week!"