Flood-hit furniture store forced to close for the day
- Credit: Google
A furniture store has been forced to close its doors to customers for the day following a ‘huge flood’
The Bury St Edmunds branch of Glasswells shared the news on Facebook on Sunday evening.
In a message to customers, the Glasswells Home Department Store said: “Due to a huge flood, our Bury St Edmunds store and restaurant will be CLOSED tomorrow, 17th August 2020.
“Our other stores will all be open as normal. More info to follow tomorrow once we know more. Thank you all for understanding.”
Firefighters were called to several incidents of flooding on Sunday afternoon – mainly in the west of the county – following heavy rainfall.
You may also want to watch:
Crews from Bury St Edmunds station responded to three flooding reports within two hours between 4.30pm and 6.30pm.
Firefighters from Wickhambrook, Ixworth and Newmarket stations were also mobilised to incidents throughout the afternoon.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots