Here comes the sun! Suffolk set for hottest day of the year
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Suffolk could see the hottest day of the year on Friday with temperatures predicted to soar as high as 34C across the county.
The UK is set to be treated to a short warm spell with temperatures expected to reach the high 20s today before rising again tomorrow.
However, there could be a rainy end to the nice weather with possible thunderstorms appearing during Friday evening.
Zoe Johnson, forecaster for Weatherquest, said that if temperatures do reach the predicted 31-34 degrees tomorrow it would be the warmest day of the year so far.
She said: “There are a few patchy areas of cloud this morning but today will mostly be dry and warm.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be a lovely day and if you are not such a big fan of really warm temperature it will be the nicer of the two days.
“There is a south easterly wind which is bringing the warmer air from the continent to the UK.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 9 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 10 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
“There could be highs of 27 or 28 degrees today which will be slightly cooler towards the east coast.
“It will be clear overnight and tomorrow looks to be dry and fine as well.
“We could be looking at highs of 31 to 34 degrees, which would most certainly make it the hottest day of the month and possibly of the year.
“It will also feel more humid as the day goes on.”
Despite the hot temperatures, a build up of cloud could see some heavy rain and thunderstorms developing in the region later in the afternoon and into the evening.