Suffolk: Johnny Depp’s links to county dismissed
THERE have been numerous “sightings” and stories over the years but it appears Hollywood superstar Johnny Depp has not set up home in Suffolk.
The 47-year-old has been linked with a move to the county for some time and at various times was thought to have been eyeing up houses in Walberswick and Thorpeness, on the Suffolk coast, and at Rougham, near Bury St Edmunds.
But it seems Depp, star of the Edward Scissorhands and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory films, has not taken the plunge into the local property market.
When asked about the world-famous actor’s links to Suffolk, his long-term publicist Robin Baum confirmed: “He does not have a house in that area.”
Depp, who is currently in the UK filming Pirates of the Caribbean 4, has been “spotted” a number of times over the years in Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this year, excitement was high after Depp was apparently photographed by a fan walking through Framlingham with his wife, the French actress Vanessa Paradis.
But the “mystery” couple were eventually discovered to be leading American Johnny Depp impersonator Danny Lopez and his English girlfriend Claire Renvoize, who also doubles up as a Vanessa Paradis lookalike.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child