Suffolk’s indoor pools will stay closed this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Saturday marks the first day that indoor pools in England will be able to reopen to the public, however, pools in Suffolk will not be opening their doors.
The Government announced a few weeks ago that indoor pools would be among the next facilities to reopen their doors in England.
However, indoor pools in Suffolk have made clear that they won’t be opening just yet, despite many leisure centres opening their gyms.
Abbeycroft Leisure which looks after pools across the West Suffolk, Mid Suffolk and Babergh areas has announced that the first of its pools, Bury St Edmunds Leisure Centre, will not be opening until August 3.
Others will open in mid August or early September.
You may also want to watch:
Pools in East Suffolk and Ipswich also remained closed with councils expected to announce opening dates for these sites soon.
Outdoor pools have already reopened with Beccles Lido among those already welcoming swimmers.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 3 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton