Suffolk gifts you can send during lockdown
- Credit: Archant
For many people, birthdays or special anniversaries have fallen during lockdown - yet while we can’t meet up to have parties, we look at the gifts you can send to show you are thinking of loved ones while helping local businesses.
Coffee - Paddy and Scott’s
Working from home has become the new norm for many of us, but at home or at work many of us still need our coffee to get going in the morning.
With that in mind, Suffolk coffee brand Paddy and Scott’s is now selling a range of ground and whole bean varieties which can be delivered to your home.
Hampers - Suffolk Food Hall
You may also want to watch:
For a slightly larger present, hampers always seem to be a hit.
Suffolk Food Hall is currently taking orders via email or over the phone for its hampers, which can contain a number of different local products and can be customised to your requirements.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
Gins and vodka - The Suffolk Distillery, Fishers Gin and the Heart of Suffolk Distillery
For many people, one of the first things they are looking forward to when life returns to some sort of normal is going down the pub - although that may be some time away.
While we remain in lockdown, Suffolk’s own distillers have a number of different options on offer that can be delivered to your door.
Aldeburgh distillers Fishers use local herbs and botanicals to capture the Suffolk seaside.
Different flavoured vodkas and gins such as mandarin and cranberry, salted caramel and blueberry and vanilla are on offer from The Suffolk Distillery.
Undertones of strawberry, orange and cranberries are among the options available in the gins offered by the Heart of Suffolk Distillery.
Condiments - Stokes Sauces
For the condiment fanatic in your life, Rendlesham-based Stokes Sauces is delivering a range of its sauces, marmalades and ketchups. There are also collections of sauces for different occasions also available to buy.
Books - Aldeburgh Bookshop and the Woodbridge Emporium
With many of us having more time on our hands, getting out a good book seems like a sensible idea.
Some Suffolk bookshops like the Aldeburgh Bookshop and the Woodbridge Emporium are still sending out books, including works from Suffolk authors, to customers.
What other Suffolk gifts have you been sending? Email us.