See how Suffolk reacted to England's early goal in Euro final
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
It was the dream start that England fans could have never predicted - their team going ahead in the final of a major tournament.
And while Italy's 67th minute equaliser brought them back down to earth with a bump, these pictures show the fans joy at England taking a 1-0 lead.
Luke Shaw's brilliant goal from Kieran Trippier's cross was met with screams, shouts and whistles of joy from those packed into Suffolk's pubs.
Many fans had only just sat down to enjoy the match when they were back on their feet to celebrate with hugs and cheers of joy, as the goal was scored inside two minutes.
This jubilant feeling continued throughout the first half as fans celebrated each repeat showing of Shaw's goal.
You may also want to watch:
Italy later scored to make the game finely balanced heading towards the final whistle.
- 1 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 2 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 3 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 6 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery