Meet the Suffolk scaffolder heading into Love Island
- Credit: ITV
A scaffolder from Suffolk is set to head into the Casa Amor villa on TV dating show Love Island.
Ched Uzor, from Bury St Edmunds, will be part of season six of the ITV reality programme set in South Africa, where men and women couple-up to avoid being sent home and battle in love and war to win a cash prize.
In his Love Island profile, he rates his looks as an eight out of ten, saying his arms are his best feature - thanks to working out at the Abbeycroft Leisure centre in Bury.
He regularly posts videos of his intense training régime and offers online coaching for training and diet.
The 23-year-old graduated from the University of Suffolk in October 2019 with a qualification in business management, after studying at the West Suffolk College campus.
You may also want to watch:
Girls Rebecca, Sophie and Siânnise have caught Ched's eye and he's hoping to end up with one who his mum approves of.
He said on his profile: "If my mum likes you then it's all go!"
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
As for going into Casa Amor, Ched said: "I don't feel like anyone is in a solid couple in there.
"The most solid couple in the villa is probably Shaughna and Callum and I still wonder if Callum might stray ..."
Whilst the winning couple of Love Island receive a prize of £50,000 to split between them as they see fit, you don't need to win to make a success story.
Various members of the Love Island cast over the years have developed TV careers from their few weeks under the sun - and the watchful eye of the public.
Ched added: "It's not Friend Island, if I fancy someone and she likes me and not you, it's not my fault."
Tune in at 9pm tonight on ITV2 to see whether the Suffolk man joins the show and meets anyone who is 100% his type.