Man denies assault and criminal damage in Sainsbury’s car park
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A man accused of assault and criminal damage in a west Suffolk supermarket car park has denied the charges.
Patapios Brezetos, 41, of Hoxter Way, Sudbury, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday and pleaded not guilty to common assault and criminal damage on November 28 last year.
It is alleged Brezetos assaulted a man in the car park of Sainsbury’s in Cornard Road, Sudbury, before damaging a wind reflector on the alleged victim’s Vauxhall Astra.
Brezetos, who spoke through a Greek translator, and was represented in court by solicitor Michael Whatley, spoke only to confirm his personal details and enter his pleas during the preliminary hearing.
Brezetos will now face a trial at Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on May 14.
You may also want to watch:
He was released on conditional bail and was warned by magistrates of the consequences of not attending his trial.
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 7 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 8 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 9 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit