Days Gone By: Sunshine and fancy dress add to bumper Grundisburgh Village Show in 2005
- Credit: Archant
Sunshine helped draw in the crowds when Grundisburgh held its annual village show in 2005.
The event is a prominent fixture in the area’s calendar, organised by the Grundisburgh Burgh & Culpho Horticultural Society, and in recent years was renamed the Village Show.
The show features a range of competitive classes, from floral displays to jams and home baking, as well as entertainment and garden parties for the whole community to enjoy.
The 2005 spectacle included a number of family activities, from games and competitions, to rides on the ‘Zippy Dipper’ and a motorcycle show.
There was also a rather comical fancy dress competition which saw one young guests dress as a tin of Heinz tomato soup.
You may also want to watch:
The event this year is taking place on July 14.
Do you recognise anyone pictured in this gallery from the Grundisburgh Show 2005, or will you be going along this year? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 5 Mike Bacon: 'Be careful what you wish for' - But we've been proved right, we saw this coming years ago
- 6 Ipswich Town owner Johnson could be close to adding another club to his portfolio with new takeover
- 7 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
- 8 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 9 Police seize 37 dogs and make one arrest after raid in Essex
- 10 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed