Days Gone By: Sunshine and fancy dress add to bumper Grundisburgh Village Show in 2005
- Credit: Archant
Sunshine helped draw in the crowds when Grundisburgh held its annual village show in 2005.
The event is a prominent fixture in the area’s calendar, organised by the Grundisburgh Burgh & Culpho Horticultural Society, and in recent years was renamed the Village Show.
The show features a range of competitive classes, from floral displays to jams and home baking, as well as entertainment and garden parties for the whole community to enjoy.
The 2005 spectacle included a number of family activities, from games and competitions, to rides on the ‘Zippy Dipper’ and a motorcycle show.
There was also a rather comical fancy dress competition which saw one young guests dress as a tin of Heinz tomato soup.
The event this year is taking place on July 14.
Do you recognise anyone pictured in this gallery from the Grundisburgh Show 2005, or will you be going along this year? Email email@example.com
- 1 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 2 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 3 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 4 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 5 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 6 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 7 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 8 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 9 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 10 A12 blocked following two vehicle crash