Suffolk: Paul Weller to play Thetford Forest
MODFATHER Paul Weller is the first artist to sign up for the Forestry Commission’s Forest Live concert programme taking place next summer.
The former frontman of The Jam will perform in Thetford Forest, near Brandon, on Friday, July 12, 2013, with all profits from the show being pumped back into improving the woodland.
Forest Live is an independent programme organised by the Forestry Commission bringing music to new audiences without commercial branding or sponsorship.
Weller, who had six era-defining albums with The Jam; five with The Style Council and 11 as a solo artist including his most recent Number One release ‘Sonik Kicks’, previously played in the Forest in 2004 and 2009.
He said: “It will be good for me to be back in the woods. I really enjoy the unique atmosphere of these gigs as do the fans.”
You may also want to watch:
The Going Underground star will also be performing another date in the west country. On Saturday July 20 he will play
Westonbirt Arboretum, near Tetbury in Gloucestershire.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 3 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 7 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 8 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 9 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 10 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
Tickets are �39.00 (subject to booking fee) and go on sale at 9am Friday 23. Call 03000 680400 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music.