Police search for driver after flying chainsaw sets car on fire
- Credit: SUFFOLK POLICE
Police are searching for the driver of a pick-up truck after a chainsaw fell from their vehicle and hit a Toyota Yaris, setting the car alight.
It happened on Wednesday, May 22 at 11.10am on the A11 at Red Lodge between the A1101 and B1085.
Two chainsaws are said to have fallen from the back of a pick-up truck, with one striking the vehicle travelling behind.
The black Toyota Yaris caught fire as a result of the impact, although the extent of the damage is not currently known.
Police say no one was injured in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Police later recovered the chainsaw from the scene and are appealing for the driver of the pick-up truck to come forward.
Anyone with information should call Forest Heath Neighbourhood Response Team and Mildenhall Police Station on 101, quoting CAD 128 of May 22.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 8 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
Alternatively, information can be given anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.