Taxi driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving on school run - with drink found on centre console
- Credit: Archant
A taxi driver was stopped on a school run by police in Bury St Edmunds today - allegedly four times over the drink drive limit with an drink on the centre console.
The Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team posted on social media today that a taxi had been stopped after being spotted driving dangerously in the west Suffolk town.
They say he has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving.
The tweet reads: “Taxi stopped on the way to a school run after being seen driving dangerously in #burystedmunds today, alcohol found in centre console.
“Arrested for #drinkdriving & has provided evidential reading of 158ugs in custody, legal limit is 35ugs.
You may also want to watch:
“#fatal4 @BuryStEdsPolice #1320 #1787”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock