Man grabs nine-year-old girl walking to Suffolk school
- Credit: Archant
A young girl was walking to a Suffolk school when a man grabbed her shoulder and told her to go with him.
Suffolk police said the assault happened in Withersfield Road, Haverhill, at around 8.30am on Friday.
The nine-year-old victim was approached by the man, who grabbed her right shoulder, before she walked away.
She managed to escape uninjured and told teachers at school about the attack.
The suspect is described as 5ft 5ins tall, skinny with short, black greasy hair. He had a black beard and was wearing a blue polo-type shirt.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or people with information are asked to contact Suffolk police on 101 quoting crime reference 37/24263/18.
Alternatively, people can call the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 5 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found