Crossroads crash causing A140 traffic
- Credit: Archant
A crossroads on the A140 is now clear after a four-car collision blocked rush-hour commuters for several hours.
Officers at Suffolk police were called about 4pm to reports of a collision involving three or four vehicles at the intersection of the A140 and two minor roads close to Stoke Ash, near the Suffolk-Norfolk border.
Paramedics attended the incident and some of those involved in the collision were left with minor injuries.
Diversion routes were put in place and police advised drivers to avoid the area while recovery vehicles cleared the road of the damaged cars.
The A140 was finally reopened about 6.30pm but southbound traffic is still experiencing delays.
The AA route planner website also had a warning for drivers travelling on the A140, Workhouse Road and Stoke Road.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 3 A14 closed after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for keeper Walton
- 6 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 7 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 8 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 'A good team and well-coached' - Bolton boss Evatt on Town