Crossroads crash causing A140 traffic
- Credit: Archant
A crossroads on the A140 is now clear after a four-car collision blocked rush-hour commuters for several hours.
Officers at Suffolk police were called about 4pm to reports of a collision involving three or four vehicles at the intersection of the A140 and two minor roads close to Stoke Ash, near the Suffolk-Norfolk border.
Paramedics attended the incident and some of those involved in the collision were left with minor injuries.
Diversion routes were put in place and police advised drivers to avoid the area while recovery vehicles cleared the road of the damaged cars.
The A140 was finally reopened about 6.30pm but southbound traffic is still experiencing delays.
You may also want to watch:
The AA route planner website also had a warning for drivers travelling on the A140, Workhouse Road and Stoke Road.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 3 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 4 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 5 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 6 Ipswich consider striker signing after Hawkins undergoes surgery
- 7 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 8 Covid rate falling across Suffolk and north Essex
- 9 Town have 27 first teamers available... And Taylor hints at the return of squad rotation
- 10 Plans to convert pub into takeaway refused