Crossroads crash causing A140 traffic
- Credit: Archant
A crossroads on the A140 is now clear after a four-car collision blocked rush-hour commuters for several hours.
Officers at Suffolk police were called about 4pm to reports of a collision involving three or four vehicles at the intersection of the A140 and two minor roads close to Stoke Ash, near the Suffolk-Norfolk border.
Paramedics attended the incident and some of those involved in the collision were left with minor injuries.
Diversion routes were put in place and police advised drivers to avoid the area while recovery vehicles cleared the road of the damaged cars.
The A140 was finally reopened about 6.30pm but southbound traffic is still experiencing delays.
You may also want to watch:
The AA route planner website also had a warning for drivers travelling on the A140, Workhouse Road and Stoke Road.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 8 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 9 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 10 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season