WARNING: Giant digger from Sizewell B could cause delays on A14 and A12
- Credit: CARL HUMPHREY
A huge excavator from Sizewell B is being escorted by police on major roads such as the A14 and A12 in Suffolk tomorrow.
Drivers are being warned that they might face delays tomorrow, Saturday October 12, from 9.30am as officers help to transport the abnormal load across the county.
The giant excavator, which is 30 metres long, five metres high and four metres wide, is being moved from Sizewell B to Hadleigh Road Industrial Estate in Ipswich.
The route is as follows:
Sizewell B - Local Roads - Lover's Lane in Leiston - B1122 - A12 - A14 - A1214 - Local Roads to Hadleigh Industrial Estate
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are advised to expect delays along these routes.
Police will be escorting the digger to Marlesford along the A12.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit