WARNING: Giant digger from Sizewell B could cause delays on A14 and A12
- Credit: CARL HUMPHREY
A huge excavator from Sizewell B is being escorted by police on major roads such as the A14 and A12 in Suffolk tomorrow.
Drivers are being warned that they might face delays tomorrow, Saturday October 12, from 9.30am as officers help to transport the abnormal load across the county.
The giant excavator, which is 30 metres long, five metres high and four metres wide, is being moved from Sizewell B to Hadleigh Road Industrial Estate in Ipswich.
The route is as follows:
Sizewell B - Local Roads - Lover's Lane in Leiston - B1122 - A12 - A14 - A1214 - Local Roads to Hadleigh Industrial Estate
Motorists are advised to expect delays along these routes.
Police will be escorting the digger to Marlesford along the A12.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 5 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 6 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 7 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 8 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
- 9 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 10 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms