Suffolk: Police investigate after vehicles abandoned
POLICE are carrying out inquiries after a camper van was used to steal a caravan and then both abandoned at an airfield.
A VW Transporter van was taken from Longs Industrial Estate at Englands Lane in Gorleston some time after 9.10pm on Monday.
At around 5.30am on Tuesday Suffolk police received a call from a member of the public from the London Road area of Kessingland. He had been woken by the sound of voices and saw a neighbour’s caravan hooked up to a camper van being driven from the scene.
Officers attended but as they were approaching the vehicles at Ellough they were driven on to the airfield, abandoned and the occupants fled.
A search was made but the offenders were not found It is thought a maroon/red Peugeot 307 was travelling with the camper van and caravan and that this may have been used to take the offenders from the airfield.
You may also want to watch:
The camper van stolen from Gorleston and the caravan stolen from Kessingland were both recovered.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said officers are carrying out a number of enquiries to trace those involved.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 10 Two arrested after man dies in crash
However she urged anyone who may have seen any of the vehicles on the roads in the area between Monday night and Tuesday, or anyone with information about those involved, to call officers immediately on 101.