Suffolk police respond to reports of three illegal immigrants in the back of a lorry in Little Saxham
Officers were called just after 9.10am this morning.
Suffolk Constabulary have responded to reports of three illegal immigrants in the west of the county this morning.
Officers were called just after 9.10am this morning, Thursday January 25, to reports of three suspected illegal immigrants in a vehicle at Saxham Business Park, Little Saxham near Bury St Edmunds.
A police spokesperson said: “Three men were discovered in the back of a lorry by the driver.
“One of the men is then reported to have threatened the driver before fleeing the scene on foot with another one of the men. A third man was detained nearby.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers conducted a search of the nearby area assisted by the police dog unit and subsequently detained the two other men at around 11.30am.”
All three of the men have been taken to the Police Investigation Centre in Bury St Edmunds where the matter will be handed over to Immigration enforcement officials.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 6 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 7 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 8 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival