Young woman raped in Suffolk grassland
An 18-year-old woman has reported being raped early this morning in grassland near two residential Suffolk streets.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the reported sexual assault, which happened between First Avenue and Second Avenue, Sudbury, at around 3.30am.
The victim is being supported by specialist trained officers, while detectives begin initial inquiries.
“Officers are urging members of the public to remain vigilant when out at night, to plan your journey home and avoid going off alone,” a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said.
The suspect is described as a white man, with curly hair and a beard. He was possible wearing a dark leather jacket. It is believed he spoke with a foreign accent.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for anyone who was near to First Avenue, Second Avenue or Waldingfield Road (B1115) between 2.30-3.30am this morning to contact them with information.
Calls should be made to 101 quoting reference CAD 55 of 28 May. Alternatively contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns