Suffolk: Potential for more flooding this weekend as rain falls on saturated ground
There is potential for flooding this weekend as further rainfall heads towards Suffolk.
Chris Bell, forecaster at Weatherquest, said the weather would be unsettled throughout the weekend with fronts from the Atlantic bringing in plenty of rain, particularly on Sunday.
The rain could prompt more flooding as the ground is already saturated.
Environment Agency Anglia said they were anticipating 5-11 millimetres of rain this weekend and expected to announce some flood alerts.
Further ahead the weather is expected to become colder towards the middle and end of next week with cold air coming in from the north-west.
You may also want to watch:
Although snow is not likely, Mr Bell said there was potential for “wintery weather”.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 7 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 8 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 9 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex