Suffolk pub chef nominated for top national award
Dave Wall, the head chef at The Unruly Pig in Bromeswell has been named as a finalist in the ‘Pub Chef of the Year’ category, in the Craft Guild of Chef Awards 2018.
Mr Wall, who grew up in Ipswich, is only one of three chefs to be shortlisted for the award who’s winners include TV chef Tom Kerridge.
Mr Wall, said: “I was surprised but thrilled with this news.
“Whatever the outcome, it is an honour simply to have been shortlisted.”
Brendan Padfield, owner of The Unruly Pig said: “Dave is my hero. I am so very proud of all that he has achieved in the relatively short time that The Unruly Pig has been open.
You may also want to watch:
“For him to be now shortlisted as Pub Chef of the Year is just fantastic news.”
Mr Wall will find out if he has won the award at a ceremony on June 4 at Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners