Families hit the beach as Suffolk basks in Easter sun
- Credit: Rachel Edge
Shorts and t-shirts were the order of the day today as Suffolk basked in warm Easter sunshine and beneath beautiful blue skies.
Despite not breaking any records, Easter Saturday has seen temperatures reach the mid-twenties and has encouraged families and groups of friends to venture out to their nearest beach or beer garden to enjoy the sunshine.
Temperatures reached highs of 24C at Santon Downham today but some costal areas stayed much cooler where an easterly wind kept the temperature down in the low teens.
Families who visited Felixstowe were treated to a weekend funfair where there were many attractions to entertain the children.
Inflatable assault courses and bumper cars were available to visiting youngsters.
You may also want to watch:
They were also treated to an Everything Easter event in the town centre.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 6 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 7 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 8 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 9 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 10 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre