Week of roadworks planned to allow for repairs
- Credit: Archant
A Bury St Edmunds road will be closed for a week next month while repairs are carried out by the county council.
The entire length of Barons Road, near West Suffolk Hospital, will be closed from Monday, July 8 to Friday, July 12 from 9.30am to 3.30pm.
The road will be closed to through traffic while works are in progress but access to properties and businesses will be available and will be controlled by staff on site.
On street parking in Barons Road will also be restricted to allow the repairs to be carried out.
During the closure, traffic will be directed via Hardwick Lane.
Suffolk Highways said the work is necessary to "improve the existing road surface and prepare for surface dressing taking place at a later date".
Highways added that times and dates of the works may change depending on weather conditions and residents will be informed via the information signs displayed at the site.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 4 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 5 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 6 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 7 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 8 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 9 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 10 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof