Week of roadworks planned to allow for repairs
- Credit: Archant
A Bury St Edmunds road will be closed for a week next month while repairs are carried out by the county council.
The entire length of Barons Road, near West Suffolk Hospital, will be closed from Monday, July 8 to Friday, July 12 from 9.30am to 3.30pm.
The road will be closed to through traffic while works are in progress but access to properties and businesses will be available and will be controlled by staff on site.
On street parking in Barons Road will also be restricted to allow the repairs to be carried out.
During the closure, traffic will be directed via Hardwick Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Highways said the work is necessary to "improve the existing road surface and prepare for surface dressing taking place at a later date".
Highways added that times and dates of the works may change depending on weather conditions and residents will be informed via the information signs displayed at the site.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'