Suffolk: School worker in pornography probe is cleared
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk school caretaker who was one of six people in the county arrested as part of a national child porn inquiry is to have no further action taken against him.
The man was arrested during a National Crime Agency-led operation which involved five police forces across East Anglia.
A total of 24 people were initially arrested as a result of the raids. Some of the suspects were said to have been in positions of trust.
The caretaker was questioned by police, before being released on bail until March pending further enquiries.
He was also suspended from his post after he was detained.
However, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary has said that following further investigation the man is no longer under arrest and has no case to answer.
After his arrest police and the county council declined to say where the suspect lived or worked.
- 1 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 2 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 3 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 4 Suspected drink driver arrested after three cars damaged in crash
- 5 Macauley Bonne: Town is not a closed book... I've got unfinished business
- 6 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 7 Dobra signs for Cook's Chesterfield after Ipswich departure
- 8 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 9 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
- 10 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
Although the East Anglian Daily Times and Ipswich Star were aware of his identity the papers made a decision not to name him due to the sensitive nature of the inquiry.
It is understood he was the only person arrested in Suffolk who was in a position of trust.
Those held locally were from south Suffolk, central Suffolk, the Ipswich area, west Suffolk, and two people from the north of the county.
All were released on bail after being interviewed by police. They were due to return to police investigation centres at various dates during January, February, and March.
The National Crime Agency said 29 warrants were executed by police forces across Bedfordshire, Norfolk, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Suffolk.
The raids took place between October 18 and October 24 last year.
Those detained were suspected of being involved in the distribution of indecent images of children..
At the time, a spokeswoman from the National Crime Agency (NCA) said: “Multiple people in positions of trust, as well as two registered sex offenders, were arrested.
“The NCA provided 30 officers to assist forces with searches and forensically examining technology that was seized.”