Temperatures could soar to 30C in Suffolk this week
- Credit: Archant
Forecasters say this weekend’s warm weather is set to continue – with two more days of soaring temperatures in Suffolk.
The mercury hit 25.3C in Cavendish, Suffolk, today. Zoe Johnson, forecaster at Weatherquest, said this was above average for the time of year with usual highs of around 19.4C.
Ms Johnson said that temperatures were set to get even higher for the start of the new working week.
“Monday looks like a nice day,” said Ms Johnson.
“It will be similar to today. There will be long spells of unbroken sunshine.”
You may also want to watch:
Top temperatures on Monday could reach around 29C.
Tuesday will start with a little mist and fog but it will start to get clearer as the day goes on.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 6 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 9 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 10 Ipswich Town 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1: Late Chaplin goal grabs Town a point
The day will be quite hot and humid with temperatures rising even higher to 30C.
Despite the largely fine weather there is a small chance of some showers towards the west of the region on Tueday.
Conditions will begin to change on Wednesday with weather systems coming in from the north leaving temperatures at a cooler 26C.