Suffolk: Show your support for London Marathon runners
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Runners are in the final throes of training ahead of next month’s London Marathon.
Hundreds of athletes from running clubs across Suffolk, as well as swarms of charity fun runners will take on the 26.2mile race through the capital.
After months of training, runners are now beginning to slow the pace down and make sure they are mentally prepared for the big race on Sunday, April 13.
Over recent weeks, those taking part have been sharing their stories, telling us about their chosen charity and why they are supporting the cause, as well as sharing the pains of training with us.
Meanwhile, friends and relatives of those taking part have been leaving their messages of support on our online marathon page.
You may also want to watch:
One message left last week reads: “You’ve already made us so proud Bobby-Boy! Love Lauren and Nessy xxxxx”.
Another posted said: “Good luck Paul Simmons. Your family are so proud of you and the journey you have gone on.... Lots of love Dan, Chantelle and kiddies xx”
Are you taking part in the marathon? Email us or call 01473 324736 and tell us about your expectations of race day.
Or show your support by leaving a good luck message - click here to post a message.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results