Suffolk singing sensation Samantha Harvey announces her first major label single
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk singer and YouTube sensation Samantha Harvey is releasing her first single since signing for a major record label – and it goes on pre-order at midnight tomorrow night.
The 24-year-old from Hitcham near Stowmarket has enjoyed a whirlwind journey this year having worked as a full-time cleaner just 10 months ago.
In July last year she released her debut single Forgive Forget, which entered the iTunes chart at number four.
Samantha is now preparing to hit the charts again having announced the release of her new single Please on her Facebook page on Sunday.
It will be her first single since signing to the Virgin EMI UK and Capital USA record labels.
You may also want to watch:
In yet more exciting news, Samantha revealed she is set to be the star of a new four-part documentary on YouTube channel AwesomenessTV to coincide with the release of Please.
The show will follow her journey from her life at home in Suffolk to the set of her new music video shoot, culminating in her latest trip to Los Angeles to meet her producers.
- 1 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 2 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 3 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 9 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 10 Burgers, Wings and Ribs comes to Stowmarket
Samantha has picked up a phenomenal following on social media with more than 119 million views on her YouTube channel as well as more than 1.2 million subscribers.
Her covers of Stay With Me by Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran’s Thinking Out Loud gathered hundreds of thousands of views on YouTube within weeks of them being posted and her cover of Charlie Puth’s We Don’t Talk Anymore has hit 12 million views.
Speaking to her 2.1 million Facebook followers, Samantha said: “Without you guys none of this would have been possible.
“I feel so lucky to have each and every one of you.
“Without your backing for Forgive Forget none of this would have happened so I don’t think any words will every be able to explain how grateful I really am.
“Honestly, my heart is filled with so much love from you guys. “I love you so much, thank you.”
She added: “I’m so excited for my new single to be released, I’ve been working on my own music since Forgive Forget and to finally be able to release it is the best feeling, I know my audience will love it as much as I do.”
You can pre-order Please from Midnight tomorrow night on iTunes.
The single will be officially released on all digital platforms on Friday, February 16.