Choir’s renowned musical director to lead singing workshops for premiere performance of The Suffolk Carols
- Credit: Suffolk Singers
An award winning Suffolk community choir is hosting its annual workshop to offer aspiring singers the chance to be part of a premiere carol performance.
Suffolk Singers has commissioned a new piece by the acclaimed composer John Hutchings for the workshop at Woodbridge School on Sunday, November 4.
Led by the choir’s musical director Claire Weston, who is a former principal of the English National Opera, the workshops will focus on learning new repertoire and vocal technique.
Participants in the workshop will be able to take part on the premiere perf romance of The Suffolk Carols, which Mr Hutchings has produced specially for the workshop to tackle a variety of focal skills.
A free performance at 4.30pm will be open to visitors to attend.
You may also want to watch:
The cost of the day is £22.50 or free for under 19s.
Visit www.suffolksingers.co.uk for more details.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 3 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 4 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 5 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 6 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 7 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 8 Positives, negatives and plenty still to do - what we've learned from Town's pre-season
- 9 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 10 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site