Suffolk: Snow warning still in place for the weekend
- Credit: Archant
WEATHER forecasters have today reiterated their warning that we could see snow in Suffolk this weekend.
However, it is unlikely to be as heavy as we saw last month.
Phil Garner, a forecaster with WeatherQuest, said today conditions would remain cloudy and bitterly cold for the rest of the week.
He said the frosty conditions and low temperatures would cause minor snow showers to arrive on Friday.
And there is a strong possibility of further snowfall during Saturday morning, but Mr Garner said the snow would not cause much chaos.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Garner, who is based in Norwich, said: “It will remain cloudy and cold and windy with the strong easterly winds.
“There is also a risk of a few snow flurries on Friday.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
“It won’t be anything significant by a long stretch, it will be a light dusting at best.
“It does look like there will be more wintery showers coming our way on Saturday, but it should clear up by the afternoon and shouldn’t prove to be much of a problem.”
Mr Garner said daytime temperatures would remain around 2 to 3C, while overnight temperatures will plummet to around -1C.
For up to date weather news, hear our daily weather podcast, which can be found on our homepage.
Send us your weather pictures by logging on to www.iwitness24.co.uk and uploading your favourite snaps.