Suffolk star Ed Sheeran enters magazine’s annual rich list
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran has cemented his place in another chart countdown – this time being listed among the Britain’s biggest earning young celebrities.
The former Framlingham schoolboy is the highest new entry in an annual roll call of the country’s richest stars under the age of 30.
The 24-year-old came sixth in the list – one place ahead of Harry Potter actor Rupert Grint, 27, who featured in the music video for Sheeran’s 2011 single Lego House.
Now worth an estimated fortune of £35.2 million, the Thinking Out Loud singer enjoyed success following the release of his second album and a world tour, which included three sold-out concerts at London’s Wembley Stadium in July.
Topping the list of wealthy youngsters, compiled by showbiz magazine Heat, were all four members of One Direction, amassing a combined fortune of an estimated £82.08m – up £4.56m from last year.
You may also want to watch:
The group, made up of 22-year-olds Niall Horan and Liam Payne, 21-year-old Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson, 23, retained their title as Britain’s richest under-30s for the third year running.
Zayn Malik, who announced his departure from One Direction in March, made his solo debut on the list in eighth position, with estimated individual earnings of about £20.52m.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 5 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 6 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 7 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 10 Matchday Live: Lightning start for Town as Cook's men storm into three-goal lead
Actor, Daniel Radcliffe, 26, held onto second place with an estimated fortune of £65.8m, while fellow screen star, Robert Pattinson came third with £51.04m.
Platinum-selling singer, Adele, who recently returned to the UK singles charts with her second number one, Hello, took fourth place with £38.1 million – ahead of actress, Emma Watson, in fifth place with £35.33 million.
Rounding off the top 10 were Arctic Monkeys frontman Alex Turner, 29, and Mumford And Sons – led by Marcus Mumford, 28.
Model-turned-actress Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, actor Nicholas Hoult, singer Ellie Goulding, and comedians Kevin Bridges and Jack Whitehall were all new entries on the top 30 list.
The list, now in its fifth year, analyses the stars’ estimated financial earnings from TV, movies, record sales and product endorsements.