Suffolk stars shine at Commonwealth Games
A TEENAGE hockey player from Ipswich has helped the England team secure a semi-final place in the Commonwealth Games.
Harry Martin, 17, and his team mates reached the semi-finals after nothing up a 2-1 victory over South Africa on Sunday.
They flew into the lead in the ninth-minute and managed to hold on until the final whistle.
The team will take on India at 5.30pm local time tomorrow, 1pm British time.
By then they will know whether they will face New Zealand or Australia should they emerge victorious.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft boxer Anthony Ogogo will today take on Indian superstar Vijender Singh in the middleweight semi-final.
Ogogo, 21, faces a tough task against top-ranked Singh but is guaranteed at least a bronze medal.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo