Suffolk: Strong winds cause havoc across the county
POLICE were called out to about 20 incidents in a matter of hours last night as strong winds caused havoc in Suffolk.
The incidents ranged from trees being blown on to roads to fences being blown down and happened between 9-11pm yesterday.
Just after 10pm power cables came down near Chapel Road, Otley.
A spokesman from Suffolk police said there have been no injuries reported.
Meanwhile, several train services were also either delayed or cancelled last night.
You may also want to watch:
The 10.30pm services from London Liverpool Street to Norwich was cancelled due to a train fault.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 5 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 6 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn