Suffolk vehicles help to spread footballing joy
A FATHER and daughter team are hoping England motor to victory tonight after decking out these cars in fabulous football paraphernalia.
The two British-manufactured vehicles, emblazoned with England colours, are part of a family tradition.
Graeme Keeble, of John Keeble of Bramford, based in Ship Lane, has decorated his company’s cars for the past two World Cups in support of the country’s squad.
He said he was persuaded to transform the Jaguar XJ8 and Nissan Micra by his 10-year-old daughter, Fleur.
He said: “We have done a car up for occasions like this before.
You may also want to watch:
“I was unsure whether to do it again but my daughter persuaded me and customers were keen to know when the cars would be put on show. I think it’s great to spread the joy of the competition.”
The Jaguar has been imprinted with a Wayne Rooney football shirt and Mr Keeble said he was hoping the England striker would remain fit for the entire competition.
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 4 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 5 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 6 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 7 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 8 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 9 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 10 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve
Fleur, who attends Ipswich High School for Girls, is a keen member of the school’s junior football squad – coached by the team’s very own Capello, Andy Capell. Mr Keeble and Fleur gathered with students at the school as excitement for tonight’s game against Algeria grows.
The spectacular cars, which underwent spray work and car transfers during the transformation, will be on show at the car dealership throughout the competition.