Cold start to the year to continue despite warmer weekend
- Credit: NICK LEE
Warmer weather could well be in store for Suffolk residents this weekend - but the risk of a sharp frost still lingers.
Temperatures will stay in single figures but a little less chill will be felt in the air as the temperature climbs to 8C or 9C into the start of next week.
However, if the skies stay clear into the night there is still the risk of freezing temperatures.
Phil Garner, forecaster for East Anglian-based Weatherquest, said: “For the most part it will be dry today.
“There will be clouds coming in from the North but there will be sunny spells, with a small chance of isolated showers where the cloud becomes thick enough.
You may also want to watch:
“There will be a light breeze with highs of 4C.
“Looking on into the night however, if the cloud breaks there could be frosts with temperatures as low as -3C.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 3 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 7 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 8 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 9 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 10 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
Looking ahead to the weekend, temperatures are set to rise with highs of 7C on Sunday.
The slightly warmer trend could well set in throughout next week, with a mixed bag of sunny and cloudy weather.