Colchester Summer Screen returns to Castle Park
- Credit: Archant
The event will begin with the streaming of tennis live from Wimbledon from July 2 to July 15.
As well as live sport, film screenings will also be taking place from July 6 to July 8.
Screenings will start with Bridget Jone’s Diary on the Friday night followed by Beauty and the Beast (2017) on Saturday afternoon as well as The Greatest Showman.
Moana will be shown on Sunday afternoon followed by Star Wars - The Last Jedi.
Annie Feltham, Colchester Borough Council’s portfolio holder for commercial services said: “Summer Screen in Castle Park has become a hugely popular feature of Colchester’s annual event calendar.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s the perfect way to bring the people of Colchester together to enjoy sport and films within the beautiful and historic setting of Castle Park.”
Picnics are encouraged but food trucks will also be on site.
Tickets go on sale on May 4 at 10am at can be bought either from the Mercury Theatre Box Office on 01206 573948 or online or at Hollytrees Museum.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 8 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results