Super Darcy strikes gold
KING'S Lynn Stars' young prodigy Darcy Ward has been crowned World U21 champion.The 17-year-old Australian scored 13 points from his five rides in Croatia on Saturday to edge out hometown favourite Jurica Pavlic by a point.
KING'S Lynn Stars' young prodigy Darcy Ward has been crowned World U21 champion.
The 17-year-old Australian scored 13 points from his five rides in Croatia on Saturday to edge out hometown favourite Jurica Pavlic by a point.
Pavlic pipped Belle Vue's Patrick Hougaard and British racer Tai Woffinden to the silver medal behind Ward in a high class world final.
Ward won his first three races on a Gorican track he had never visited prior to Saturday's final before two second-placed finishes in his final two tours clinched a stunning victory.
You may also want to watch:
The teenager has played a key part in King's Lynn's surge to the Premier League title and Premier Trophy successes in his debut domestic season.
Ward is sure to receive a hero's welcome on his Norfolk Arena return in Tuesday's Premier League KO Cup, semi final first leg tussle against Scunthorpe as Lynn step up their grand slam bid.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 10 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham