Aldi in Bury St Edmunds reopens after refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers at Aldi in Bury St Edmunds got the chance to see the store’s new look this morning after the supermarket reopened following a refurbishment.
The transformation is part of Aldi’s £300m investment into improving its stores and service across the UK, and the changes are based on feedback from more than 50,000 customers.
Aldi said the new layout allows for products to be found more easily and reflects proven customer behaviours.
The Bury St Edmunds store employs 40 staff and the refurbishment has created an extra three jobs.
The new format includes:
You may also want to watch:
· New and improved chillers and freezers including a ‘Food to Go’ section at the front of the store
· Increased space dedicated to fresh, British meat products
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
· Relocation of fresh bakery items to the final aisle, so products don’t get squashed under shopping
· Relocation of beers, wines and spirits into a dedicated fixture along the back wall
· A dedicated section full of health and beauty products
James Cox, Aldi store manager, said: “The store is looking fantastic, and we can’t wait to welcome our loyal customers back so they can see it for themselves.
“We know that the value and quality of our products is unbeatable, and we’re committed to making sure that the shopping experience each customer enjoys in our stores is on a par with the products and services they’re used to.
“We’ve got some great ‘Specialbuy’ deals on throughout our opening week, so we’re set for a busy opening week.”
The Dettingen Way store is open from 8am-10pm (Monday-Saturday) and 10am-4pm on Sunday.